My Goals Plus My Mission & Vision Statements
Overwhelmed? Make a List!
It is my intent to create a better blog with more focused content & a website that is fun and easy to navigate for all my readers and potential readers. I have been spending much time working out all the details for a better blog website. I have been working & researching non-stop. Sometimes I start to get overwhelmed with the amount of information that is out there. It can be easy to get lost in it all.
One way I try to resolve this overwhelming feeling is to create a list and take a bunch of notes. I have also been exploring different apps and programs to help me in my goals. I found one note taking app on android that is working well for me (Evernote). I like it because I can take a screenshot snippet and save it on the app. That saved snippet can be organized by attaching a tag word and saving to a specific labeled folder.
After much time and researching, I have created a rough draft plan for a better blog website. My basic plan is evolving as I move forward and finish tasks. I am working hard every day to get more and more accomplished. Making lists and writing goals have really helped me stay organized.
My current ‘To Do’ List:
- Create a time management schedule to stay productive
- Set goals and deadlines
- Decide how often posts will be published and stick to it
- Create checklists and To Do lists
- Write and Write some more!
- Explore what works on different bloggers’ websites (those who I admire) and take notes
- Brainstorm ways to engage readers
- Make Videos for Youtube Channel (Not yet launched)
- Research marketing strategies
- Research social media promotion
- Research & notes on keywords for SEO
Was Previously Unorganized, A Lost Blog
I have been boosting my efforts, trying to plan out a course of action to develop my blog website into a place that is inviting and encourages readers to return for more. I felt that my blog website was previously unorganized and all over the place. It seemed to me that readers wouldn’t have been able to find related blog posts. In general, my website was not user friendly.
I am really wanting to create a website that readers find easy to get around. A website where readers can find past blog posts or relative blog posts from wherever they may start from. Therefore, I will be setting up a better layout and organizing the website in general. The first thing for me to do is to focus in on my blog topics and unify them into categories for ease of access. Simply put, I need to relabel and categorize blogs.
I spent some time learning about mission and vision statements. I decided it would be good for my website if I had these statements. I put thought and heart into the following:
Blossoming Emily Rose is striving to establish and maintain focused, meaningful, and entertaining content that is shared on an easy to navigate website that encourages the continuation and growth of readership.
Blossoming Emily Rose will engage with readers on a personal level with blog posts that are entertaining while being decent and genuine. Blossoming Emily Rose will regularly share the latest blog post which will be emotionally and/or intellectually influential. The reader will not only understand & relate with my blog posts, but also the significance of a post will raise an awareness which impacts the reader in ways that enhances their life.
Planning for my Dream
I have big dreams. I have started to take the steps I need to take to make those dreams a reality. I am inspired and motivated to create amazing content that is enjoyed by many. I believe a well thought out plan will guide me in the right direction and take my blog website to new heights. To keep me on track in my plans, I have come up with the following goals to get me started:
Short-term Goals (within 3-6 months)
- Edit or Revamp already posted content
- Make topic outline for a series of related posts which will be linked to each other
- New post at least once each week
- Use HootSuite to schedule out posts in advance
- Adjust the structure of my blog website to be more user friendly
- Change the layout and design of website for a better visual experience
- Increase followers on currently used social media platforms
- Facebook Page
Long-term Goals (1-3 Years in the future)
- Be well organized & productive by having an established routine in writing and posting latest content
- Satisfied with how user-friendly website is
- Submit to blog directories
- Traffic views in triple digits Daily (At least 3,000 per month)
- Engage my readers and get response
A Few More Goals:
- Have backlog of blog posts ready to publish
- Attend Twitter Chats to increase networking
- Create Twitter Chat to increase networking
- Work on engagement in Facebook groups